Welcome to PPPA the non-official private physiotherapy practitioners’ website!!!
Private Physio Practice Association (PPPA) was formed in 2021 to represent the interests of self-employed private physiotherapists – something we still do today.
The continuous developments in the private healthcare market have always presented a number of challenges for our members and, as a result, PPPA is established and adapted to meet the needs of our members in today’s fast changing and often challenging healthcare marketplace.
We benefit from professional management and support and pride ourselves on being an extremely functional organization that is run by its members.
The essential commitment of PPPA is to encourage and enhance the development and advancement of private physiotherapy practice nationally as well as globally.
PPPA IS AN NON-OFFICIAL PLATFORM OF NATIONWIDE PRIVATE PHYSIOTHERAPY
We are a non-governmental affiliation of Private Practice Organizations. It is a collaboration of local, Malaysian independent physiotherapy practitioners.
The essential commitment of IPPTA is to encourage and enhance the development and advancement of private physiotherapy practice globally.
The Association is a nonprofit making organization supported by annual subscriptions from its Members.
Individual members of the PPPA must also be members of the Malaysian Physio Association (MPA).
The objectives of PPPA are:
- To foster co-operation and unity between private physiotherapy organizations nationally, and world widely.
- To encourage improved standards of private physiotherapy practice.
- Make sure all PPP are registered to MPA, PPPA & SSM-regulated
- To advance private physiotherapy practice by communication and exchange of information.
- To encourage research, promote opportunities and develop global knowledge of new developments in the field of private physiotherapy practice.
- PPP becomes key point of reference for first line practitioner
- To have connected internationally
PPPA is run on commercial principles and our vision is clear. PPPA is for championing evidence-based, cost-effective private physiotherapy with PPPA members in the changing healthcare marketplace.
This is our intent, originally agreed by our executive committee in 2018 and revised in 2020. We have developed a three-year business plan of five goals through which we are achieving this.
We know from feedback that our members want to "make a difference in the marketplace" and "exert some influence in that marketplace" and these are the key principles underlying our plans.
We also need to be organised, functional, have a clear purpose and harness our passion!
Our three year goals, signed off by our executive committee in 2021, are summarised here:
To commercialize (i.e. make important to our members' clients) our quality assurance schemes.
To deliver our member value proposition.
To formulate a strategic commercial relationship with The Physio Co-op as it develops from a start-up business.
Consider whether, and if so how, we might move forward with an annual conference in 2022 and beyond.
To continue to research and if cogent establish a viable business case to:
- Facilitate PPPA Quality Assured Clinics to provide third year undergraduate physiotherapy students interested in private practice to gain clinical experience with them.
- Persuade such students to become Student Members of PPPA and thereafter be listed as contacts for PPPA members to consult about work opportunities and their needs into the future.